Desert Sun depends on the support of its families. We are a parent participation school. You make a difference! Each preschool and kindergarten family is asked to volunteer 5 hours per semester. Each Parent/Toddler family is asked to volunteer 2 ½ hours per semester.
Examples of volunteer work include but are not limited to:
- Working on Community Events
- Attending a PTO, Board or Event Planning Meeting
- Helping to maintain the grounds
- Taking home a pet (1/2 hour credit)
- Making playdough (1/2 hour credit)
- Soliciting donations for our Fundraising Events
- Working a shift at the Book Fair
We encourage parents to spend time in the classroom with their children; however, it does not count toward your volunteer commitment. Volunteer time is considered time working outside of the classroom.
A donation may be made in lieu of donating time. We request $50 for preschool and kindergarten families and $25 for Parent/Toddler families.